Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Formal Introduction Into the Blog World


Finally! A Class Full of Ipads!

After years and years of being envious of teacher blogs, I've finally decided to create my very own! This blog in particular will be geared toward my first year with a classroom full of ipads! You'll hear all about the highs and lows (hopefully mostly highs!) of implementing ipads into our daily schedule. 

For me, this isn't too scary since I've used apple products since college. I am working on my MacBook as we speak and I've had Ipods, Iphones and Ipads for years. So, you could say I am pretty familiar with the operating system. 

BUT, using an apple product is completely different than teaching someone to use and apply the device. Not just substituting the device but creating with the device! Difficult, but not impossible. A little scary, but exciting! 

My district provided us a three-day training on our Ipads. At first, I thought I would be bored out of my mind, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I did not know. The Ipad has so much POTENTIAL! I knew how to use the apps and what not, but our trainer provided new ways to use those apps with our students. 

So here we go! In 11 days, school will start and this journey will begin. I hope we can all come together and learn from each other as we embark on a very technological future with our students! 

No comments :

Post a Comment