Monday, August 18, 2014

Kicking Off the Year with Picture Books!

Whew! First day back and I am exhausted! I always forget how overwhelmed I feel after my team and I sit down and start planning our first week. Oy Vey Maria! Although, it's the time I feel the most creative and inspired because I can try new things with this new batch of kiddos!

My third grade team and I always like to kick off the year with great read alouds that help teach kids about acceptance and responsibility. We read Horton Hatches the Egg, Odd Velvet, Leo the Late Bloomer, and Armadillo Tattletale, just to name a few.  

It's always nice to have a follow-up activity to really drive home the lesson from each book. So, here I am, searching and searching for things that I think would be perfect for my darling third graders. But, alas, nothing has really jumped out at me. To circumnavigate this problem, I have created my own! I've attached them as PDFs so you can easily download them into a PDF-Notes App for the kids to complete on their Ipads. 

Click Here for Armadillo Tattletale
Click Here for Odd Velvet 

Click Here for Leo the Late Bloomer 


Click Here for Horton Hatches an Egg 




Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment